Jun 30, 2011

Good Morning, Vietnam!

 

About a year ago, my dad started this cool thing where he subscribes to Netflix from Bangkok but has the DVDs sent to our apartment in D.C. The best part is that we never know what movie is coming next! We've gotten a range of movies so far - from far-out foreign films to B&W classics that I would never have picked out for myself, but ended up loving. 

The latest DVD we received was Good Morning, Vietnam! This selection is particularly timely for me, as it's likely I'll be going to Hanoi in September (fingers crossed!). Robin Williams is fantastic as funnyman Adrian Cronauer, a DJ for the Armed Forces Radio Service. Plus there's an underlying note related to the meaning of "freedom of information" during wartime. I loved this acronym scene - it feels like my job right now! GTG, I need to complete the MEC ETC by COB...

Before I sign off, I wanted to share this incredible set of pictures in Vietnam from David Pham's flickr photostream (photo above). His photos look like paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment