Jun 22, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy

 

Summer is officially here! 

Yesterday was the longest day of the year. The clouds were dark and heavy in D.C. so it didn't seem like it. Not to mention that my body prefers the bedtime of a 5th grader, so I was asleep before the sun went down. But, I feel like when the sun is shining and the air is warm, everyone is naturally in a better mood.

I notice this when I wait outside the Metro station for Pem and people watch. In the winter, everyone has their heads and hands buried in their downy layers and walk to their destination as quickly as possible. In the summer, people are more likely to slow down and smile. 

Two street photographers capturing these moments of sun-loving contentment (be sun smart!) among the very best dressed of us are the Sartorialist and his amie, Garance Dore (their photos above).

Stay sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment