Aug 14, 2011

Empire State of Mind

Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful weekend. We are having a busy one. Yesterday we saw a play based on the movie Steel Magnolias at the Keegan Theatre. I've never seen the movie so I had no idea what to expect. Some of the memorable quotes, delivered deadpan by the character Ouiser:

"I'm not crazy. I've just been in a bad mood for forty years"

"You are too twisted for color TV"

"I do not go to plays because I can take a nap for free at home. I don't see movies because they're full of trash and naked people. And I do not read books because if they're any good, they're gonna make 'em into a miniseries."

Fantastic. Will have to check out the original movie now. Speaking of movies, we went to see Life in a Day with my friend Pete at West End Cinema, an independent art house cinema in Georgetown. It's truly incredible we can do projects of that scale these days. No naked people, though.

As promised, below are a few photos from our previous weekend around Manhattan...






 



No comments:

Post a Comment