Feb 13, 2012

The Key to Anyone's Heart...


To lighten things up around here, I thought I'd share a recipe. Celebrating February 14th usually involves lots of indulgences - chocolates, champagne, a nice dinner. This Nutella swirl pound cake recipe is just as decadent but comes from humble beginnings. Aside from the usual pantry staples, the only game changing ingredient is one full jar of Nutella. 

I like to use less Nutella than the recipe calls for. A full jar tends to overwhelm the pound cake and sometimes get burned on the bottom. I also like to swirl a bit of Nutella on the top layer to make it more interesting (see above). I made this yesterday for the second time, so I can guarantee it will help you keep that warm, fuzzy feeling even after Valentine's Day is over. 

(p.s. - I added an extra stick of butter by "accident", but the results were incredible! Despite what the recipe says, definitely do not wait two hours for it to cool. You want the cake to be warm and the Nutella to be gooey. This goes incredibly well with morning coffee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment