Apr 3, 2012

You Are What You Pin

Have you guys gotten swept up in the Pinterest trend yet? It took me a few weeks after initially joining, but now I'm hooked! It happens a little like this.

It's such a simple way to save, organize and share inspiring images you come across during your daily web surfing. Pinning also allows you to create a virtual wishlist, especially of things that you may only dream about purchasing.

Pinterest is such a fabulous way to see what others are inspired by. Pinners continue to share things that truly do interest them, rather than use it as a way to share things they have negative feelings about. I also feel like you can sense a fair amount of person's personality and taste in the images they pin, which naturally gets my gears going. Especially for the pinners I follow that I don't know or don't know very well, it's a creative space to get to know them better and vice versa.

However, a word of caution to the pin-happy, despite recent changes to their terms of service, Pinners are still responsible for the content they pin. That means, if you pin a copyrighted image without permission, you are liable, not Pinterest.

I mostly follow other Pinners rather than pin myself, but if you're curious, you're welcome to follow my Pinterest here.

Happy (responsible) Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment