Jan 3, 2012

Block After Block


Happy New Years!

Hope that you had an amazing holiday weekend surrounded by family and friends, or at least spent it somewhere warm.

After a wonderful Christmas dinner in Northern Virginia, we headed up north (!) for New Years. While most of our families were celebrating the holidays much closer to the equator, we decided to usher in 2012 in New York. And the weather was surprisingly pleasant. So much so that we walked practically everywhere, including across the Brooklyn Bridge (my first time!), and I was able to get some snaps without the threat of frostbitten fingers.

We kept warm by tucking into cute stores, cafes and shops around the Upper East Side (where we were staying courtesy of Pem's generous sister and brother-in-law, thanks guys!), the East and West Villages and Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

We certainly didn't neglect our tastebuds either as we embarked on a semi-spontaneous tour of NYC's best vegan/vegetarian restaurants. Boy, did we get our fill. You know it's good vegan when it takes two days before you realize you haven't had any cheese for the last 6 meals. Let me tell you, for my Frenchman boyfriend, that is rare. Hell, even for me it's rare.

Our NYE was spent at a fun, relatively low-key bar in the East Village with some friends and well-made cocktails. I couldn't have asked for a better way to greet 2012. 

I still have some installments from my November trip to Sri Lanka on their way but couldn't wait to share some shots from our New Years trip!

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment