Sep 20, 2011

California Dreaming


Again I have to start off by apologizing for the blogus interruptus. I've just spent the last four days visiting family in California, MO. That's right, my California, pop. 4,005, is located at the intersection of Route 87 and Highway 50 and is surrounded by green yellow pastures.

Sure, in my California there exists a single Chinese restaurant, the weekend's big event is the Annual Ham & Turkey festival and everybody knows everybody else's business. But I love it all the same. In my California, people look you in the eye when they talk to you, folks were growing their own produce before it became a "thing" and everybody cares to know everybody else's business.

Some photos from my weekend, below...















2 comments:

  1. Ok, so a friend of mine posted this on my facebook page. I wonder if I know you? I grew up in California, Missouri. I graduated in 1997. I'll check back to see if you answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! The longest I ever lived in California was for half a year of kindergarten, and after that, two months of summer vacation so unfortunately I don't think we know each other. But it is a small place, so perhaps I could be wrong!

    ReplyDelete